by Tammy Hughes & Pat Heim, Ph.D.
1. Men prefer a leader who has power. Display yours.
2. The meeting doesn’t happen in the meeting. Get your ducks in a row before the meeting.
- Men prefer a leader who has power. Display yours.
- The meeting doesn’t happen in the meeting. Get your ducks in a row before the meeting.
- When interrupted…just keep talking. Don’t make eye contact with the interrupter. Don’t raise or lower your voice.
- If you don’t know the answer, give it your best shot. Make it up.
- Swing your voice down—not up—at the end of a statement.
- Maneuver your way out of looking up. Either invite your colleague to pull up a chair, or subtly stand up.
- Take criticism for what it’s worth and move on. Don’t demand perfection of yourself.
- The words I’m sorry should be reserved only for situations where you did something wrong. Remove the phrase everywhere else.
- Choose a good boss over a good job.
- When another woman wins accolades, be sure to support her.
For more about these tips, and hundreds more, check out the revised edition of Hardball for Women by Pat Heim, Ph.D. and Tammy Hughes releasing today. Explore the different gender cultures and learn how to navigate and win in a man’s world… all while maintaining your own unique strengths. If you don’t want to act like a man BUT want to win, this book will give you the inside secrets.